After School: Victor's turn


"Oh fuck yes," Barry gloated as he moved on to Victor next in the row. Victor wiggled a bit about as he seemed uneasy about being handled by Barry alone, but just like us he didn't have much of a choice now.

I think I was beginning to understand Barry's obsession with Victor. When we asked him to play, his only interest had been in Victor's participation--I think he wanted this outcome. Out of the four of them, Victor was probably the only one who was more dominant than Barry, and I figured Barry as the kind of guy who just liked feeling superior to others.

Barry was the most levelheaded and brash of the lot, but Victor was older and more mature, a real charmer, not to mention physically stronger--he was just the kind of guy you wanted to be when you grew up. Barry was probably more like me, unpopular and an outcast, and capturing Victor was like the nerd beating the jock.

Wait and watch »