"Well. I think Victor is kind of in-between things now." Mark said and seemed very determined on keeping a distance between me and his friends. I didn't think he was actually worried, just being overprotective.
"I'm working as a fitness instructor at the moment, so if you ever need someone to crack a whip over you, I'll turn you into a Mark---only better," Victor commented as he nudged Mark.
If they hadn't been different species, I'd swear they were brothers. I could certainly see where Mark had gotten his terrible habit of holding his hands on his waist. They seemed really close somehow, like they knew each other inside-out. "Are you guys related in some way?" I couldn't help myself asking.
"Sorta," Victor said as he nodded and Mark explained, "Victor's been like my big bro since we were small, he's always watched over me."
"So you 'never had a brother either', eh?" »
