After School: Take Off


My mother smiled at me as I got into the car. "Are you ready to take off now, Ray-ray?" She asked while stroking my face gently, and I nodded.

After we took off it started pouring down. It was an hour long drive to my college and my mind was flooded with thoughts about what was to come.

How cool would it be if I ended up with another computer nerd? I could play on a lan and talk about video games and stuff like that all night long. It would be like having a brother who always understood me.

But what if the guy I got roomed with was a total jerk? I always spent a lot of time in my room as I wasn't a very social type and if I got a bad room mate being at college would suck. What if he disturbed me while I was doing my homework or playing video games? What if he kept inviting other people into our room?

"You look troubled sweetheart, are you worried about going to college?" My mother asked as she shot me a concerned look before turning her eyes back on the road.

"What if I can't get along with my room mate?" »