"After college? That's not for years to come...?" Mark paused as he could see I was quite serious. "Well... I was thinking I'd get a coaching job... Depending on how well my grades turn out, but I can always coach children for soccer or something."
I thought about Mark playing soccer with a bunch of kids and talking to their parents. Somehow that seemed like such a perfect picture for him to do. I wish I had thought more about my plants for the future, before college my only goal was just to 'get out of grade school'.
But if I were to seriously pursue a career with the studies I was taking now, I'd probably end up continuing in some more advanced education and move far away to get into a better university. But how could I ask Mark without making him freak out?
"What if... in the future, I had to move far away. Would we still be able to be together?" »
