Returning to our room, I could see my mother had let her maternal instincts get the better of her in unpacking our stuff. I could also see from the looks she gave Mark's mother that it had been a difficult contest between them. It also seemed like Mark's military dad had gained a fair amount of respect for my mother, then again she was difficult to beat in an argument as a professional lawyer - I should know, I could hardly ever win any arguments with her.
"Wow," Mark applauded as we entered the room.
"It was a little crowded in here, but we divided your room into two sections. So Mark has his bed and computer over in the edge of the room while yours is right in the center and your bed is next to your drawers," my mother explained.
I knew why she had placed my computer there. It was right in front of the door, so my screen would be the first thing people would see when they stepped in. She probably hoped to stop me from browsing porn like that, but I'd just swap with Mark as soon as she left.
"Okay mom, bye bye, take care." »
