After School: The loner


I went down to the dinning hall to meet with Mark for breakfast. I assumed he would be a while in the shower, so I would just find a place to sit and wait for him. I enjoyed this place so much now with everything that had happened since the beginning of the weekend.

To my surprise I found Sara sitting by herself in the hall. She was just sitting and staring into empty space looking rather sad. I started feeling guilty about her, even though she had been a pest to me she was just as new to this as I had been.

From what she had told me, she was used to being "the prom queen" and having every guy drool over her, even if they were just pretending to like her. She had no idea how to handle rejection or how to cope with this new environment. I had been lucky enough to have Mark help me grow, but right now she had no one and just sulking there alone. I knew that feeling all too well.

Talk to Sara »