"I've done a lot of crazy things, haha.. I think one of the craziest things I've done was when I played a war game with some of my friends in the woods..." He started telling me about his childhood.
"War game?" I asked curiously, I could only imagine boys running around with plastic guns and military helmets.
"It was like a normal game, only with more severe consequences... Like we'd make the losers strip, or tie up the losers like captives," he explained and suddenly I thought the idea of playing a war game with Mark wouldn't be so bad.
"Anyhow, we were playing with paint guns and to make the game more interesting, both the penalties would apply. The boys on the other team decided to gang up on me and they stripped me down to my boxers and tied me to a tree... and then it began raining like a hurricane."
"So there I was, stuck to a tree in the middle of a wood, wearing nothing but pants in the hardest rain. Since the guys really got into the game I was there for over half an hour... got the worst cold and my dad exploded when he found out. Kept going on about... Greypaws don't get tied up, Greypaws are winners not losers. Grounded me for like a month, although the first couple of days were spent in bed voluntarily."
The more I thought about his story, the more it puzzled me. It just didn't seem like the Mark I had gotten to know. That would mean he had let himself get stripped and tied up by other boys, not that I would complain about being the captor, but how exactly did he find that fun? It was just a completely new side of him.
"Mark, what is it about being tied up that makes it fun?" I blurted out, I just desperate to know. The question didn't freak Mark out, instead he actually genuinely interested in talking about it.
"It's the thrill, you know? It just makes my heart drum. You're there, you're helpless, you're not in control. You don't know what's gonna happen or how you're gonna get free. It's such a rush it just-"
He didn't finish his sentence as we heard our door click and a teacher popped his head in. "You have to go to sleep now boys, it's a school day tomorrow." I nodded and rolled over quietly. I wondered what Mark was about to say but he remained quiet now.
Go to sleep »
