After our kiss, we went to bed and I lied in Mark's arms, but I couldn't fall sleep---even though it didn't take him long to begin snoring.
I kept thinking about everything that had happened in my first week of college... When I first arrived, I was scared of not fitting in, I was scared of getting a bad room mate and not being able to make it through college.
Now, I had a boyfriend and I had made new friends. I had no idea life could be so wonderful, that you could meet such great people and fall in love. I felt so lucky to have found someone like Mark... but if I had never taken the step, I would still be lying alone in my bed worrying about which girl he was gonna kiss next.
I had grown so much in just one week. I had overcome my closeted person and confessed my feelings to the person I loved. I had not only stood up to the bully that used to torment me, but learned how to be the better man and made friends with the most unlikely of people. I had let another person into my life and accepted him for who he was, as he did for me. I had made so many friends I never knew I could even get along with, and tried things I never thought I could.
It was strange, for once I actually looked forward to the next of school and the following years. I no longer had any doubt and I felt like everything was going to be okay. I cuddled in my boyfriend's arms and went to sleep.
The end »
