After School: The drift


When Mark came to class he didn't take a seat next to me. I looked up, but I didn't bother waiting to meet his eyes. After what Sara had told me, I just felt really hurt and didn't want to talk with him.

Who was I kidding anyway? He was straight. He was straight guy. I was connecting the dots because I wanted them to connect. I was just setting myself up for hurt and it was stupid and pointless. This guy had already messed with girls before, he got a girlfriend on his first day of college, even if he was a little bit bisexual I didn't stand a chance compared to that slim sexually aggressive Barbie.

The following days passed without much happening between me and Mark. He got so caught up in his social life at the school he didn't too much notice of how quiet I was around him suddenly. He would keep asking, "Are you okay, bro?" and I would just nod to satisfy him. In the end, I was just waiting for Friday where my mother would come pick me up for the weekend.

Drive home »