After School: Barry


"Well Victor's not really- I mean, I, uhm..." Mark started fumbling with his words. To be honest it wasn't really important to me, he was just trying to cheer me up at the time and said what came to his mind.

"Hey Mark, if you're gonna embarrass yourself at least let us in on it so we can fulfill our pledge of laughing about it." Barry pushed the introductions on. He seemed somewhat impatient and sarcastic, but also like the voice of reason in the group. I thought of Barry as the kind of guy I probably already had at least one large internet argument with.

"Well--never mind. Barry is like a numbers guy," Mark was still a bit thrown off and Barry explained for him, "I'm studying to be a mathematician--because unlike some guys, I know five times five is twenty five."

"Hey, fifty was a good guess at that age..." Mark blushed again. I loved these guys. I was pretty sure they had enough embarrassing stories to make him hide from me behind a rock.

"So what do you do, Ted?" »