"Well honey," she said as she continued driving, "You have to give it a chance. Sometimes you may get in a fight, and sometimes your room mate will do things you don't like. But living together is also about containing each other, and getting along."
"When I was at your age I also shared a room with a girl in my university, and we had so many fights - mostly over boys, she'd steal my boyfriend and I'd steal hers to get back at her. But in the end of the day, we always had each other and we became true friends during the years."
I thought about what she said. It would be really cool to make true friends with my room mate, even if he wasn't the same as me. But I would still appreciate if he knew basic things, like the differences between Marvel and DC or how to get past the school network security for porn.
Maybe I could teach him some things? Maybe he'd like me more if I taught him some tricks and he'd invite me to parties and stuff. Yeah, that would be awesome.
Mother turned right as we neared the college grounds. I could see the building in the distance. This was suddenly so exciting now.
Step out of the car »
